Saga are looking for Data TesterApprentices to join their Business MI unit in Saga Services LtdFinance.
You willbe designing and automating tests for effective testing of user stories and defect resolution. You'll bring knowledge and experience using SQL or PL / SQL and in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If you feel this is for you then be sure to apply; to find out more about Saga and their results for the 2018/19 financial year do look at the following; https://vimeo.com/333333616
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Designing and planning test plans to facilitate end to end testing from transactional systems to reporting outputs.
- Understanding and tracking data through various transformations to ensure consistent and accurate reporting.
- Promoting the delivery of new reporting requirements to the business through effective prioritisation and co-ordinated testing.
- Taking ownership of issues as required and proactively manage stakeholders.
- Defining, gathering and managing the test data, test cases for both changes and defects.
- Reducing defect impact through collaboration and communication with stakeholders and business owners.
- Designing and automating tests for effective testing of user stories and defect resolution.
- Working with the Technical Business Analyst to achieve sign off from variety of stakeholders ensuring all requirements have been met.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
You will have excellent communication skills, capable of gettingyour point across to both technical and business representatives at all levels of the organisation, high level critical thinking and problem-solving skill, the ability to detect and resolve problems, strong attention to detail, foster an open and energetic approach within the team and be dedicated to ensuring knowledge is kept current for business and UAT processes.
Desired qualification requirements:
4 GCSE including Maths at C grade (4) plus grade D(3) in English, PLUS 2 A levels or equivalent in IT or Maths.
Working week: 35 hours per week - 9-5 with an hour for lunch
Salary: £17,000 - £22,000 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.