About The Role:
“As anyone who works in cyber knows, we can only keep pace with cyber criminals if we keep learning… Investment in such innovative and eager talent will help to ensure all cyber security provisions are robust and keep pace with threats, keeping citizens, infrastructure, and data safe, no matter what lies ahead.” Cath Goulding, Chief Information Security Officer, Nominet.
Nominet runDomain Name Systems (DNS) that are critical tothe internet in theUK. Wealso run cyber services for customersincluding the UK Government.
This roleis an exciting opportunity for someone with the rightskills and determination to learn about cyber security,in a companythat truly makesa difference. In this exciting and critical role you will be working towards a https://www.qa.com/course-catalogue/courses/cyber-security-technologist-level-4-apprenticeship-programme-england-qaacst4e/
Main responsibilities / What you will be doing:
- You will learn to master security tools tomonitor and mitigate thesecurity risks to Nominetand respond to cyber threats.
- You will analyse and report on a range of security data sourcesto detect threats and provide valuable information to the team to keep our organisation safe.
- You will own delivery of clear communication of security issues to managers and customers.
- Over the course of the apprenticeship, you will become an authority on aspects of Cyber Security.
- You will deliver assessments and conduct research into new cutting-edge tools and techniques in Cyber Security.
- You will be supported by experienced colleagues and managers who will steer you through your apprenticeship (and hopefully beyond!)
Who You Are:
- You will have a genuine interest in and enthusiasm for cyber security, with a determination to gain a recognised qualification in Cyber Security and start your career in this growing and challenging space.
- You are keen to learn from your colleagues and you are not afraid to ask questions – we welcome curiosity.
- You are logical and methodical, enjoy creative problem solving and getting to the root cause of issues, have strong analytical skills, and have excellent attention to detail.
- You thrive both working independently and collaborating with your team.
- You use your initiative and know when to ask for guidance, absorbing and applying new skills and best practices as you learn.
- You are passionate about technology, are highly motivated, and demonstrate strong evidence of technical skills and aptitude.
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
If you are due to complete your relevant qualification(s) above in the summer of 2021 you need to be on track to pass. You will not be able to start the apprenticeship until you have been awarded your final grades.
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out more
ONLINE APPLICATION>>VIDEO INTERVIEW>>ASSESEMENT CENTRE>>JOB OFFER
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form and profile.
Perks / Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Flexible benefits, tailored to suit you
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will have a fantastic opportunity to convert this 18-month fixed term contract into a permanent position.
Your development does not stop there.
Nominet will continue to invest in you and your career, working together to build the future.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.