- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Monitor customers for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Test and evaluate security products
- Use scanning and analytics tools to determine threat patterns and vulnerabilities for our customers
- Identify potential weaknesses and suggest measures to reduce the risk
- Investigate security alerts
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Monitor and respond to 'phishing' emails and 'pharming' activity
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues and customers
- Discuss and implement the various Cyber Security solutions we have on the portfolio
Our staff are:
- Hungry to learn
- Intent on achieving their goals
- They’re also: team players and keen to have fun
We are looking for someone who will match these qualities.
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Approx. – Feb 2020
- December 2019 / January 2020
There is a possibility to gain a full-time role upon successfully completing the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.