At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work together and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
At Cisco, we love to give back to the Community, and we encourage staff to do so by giving employees 5 days off (in addition to their Paid Time off) to give back to a cause that they care about.
For your birthday, you get a duvet day off which you can take off either 5 days before or after the day.
You will get to be part of a community that you will not only learn from, but you will make lifelong friends with and have fun along the way as you grow and develop as a professional.
We encourage everyone to be their own individual self! Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Job overview / purpose:
As an Apprentice you will work on a 3-year rotational Program where you will build your professional experience, whilst completing a degree alongside.
You’ll be given support and guidance to understand how your passion and skills best fit within Cisco. You’ll be advised by your Apprentice Manager to pursue relevant rotations in the business areas available that play to your strengths. By seeing and doing what our teams do, you’ll start to see the opportunities ahead and develop experience that’s relevant to be successful.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited do]
- You’ll be at the cutting edge of our exciting technology; watching things evolve and new things created.
- Get to meet hundreds of Cisco employees from all over the world; building contacts, working with the best and learning from the experts.
- Partner with international brands to deliver solutions to their business problems.
- Manageprojects that ensure we deliver on our contracts with customers, communicating with stakeholders and hitting deadlines.
- Design, test, and deploy our technology and understand the engineering behind it in order to break and fix it.
- Analyseand unpick what our data means to inform what and how we do our work.
- Help local communities by ‘giving back’ to fundraise, volunteer time and raise awareness of local causes.
- Has a passion for technology
- Is motivated to learn and has the ambition & drive to succeed
- Uses a methodical approach, has good organisational skills and takes responsibility for their work
- Is focused on achieving results
- Communicates well and shows enthusiasm for what they work on
- Has the ability to persevere and remain resilient and patient
- Can work independently, once shown what to do
Desired qualification requirements:
Qualifications are important but a passion for technology and motivation to learn count more. You should be studying an A Level or BTEC, on track for a minimum of 90 UCAS points. You should also have GCSE grades A* to C in English, Maths, and Science as an indicator of your learning.
* You must be legally eligible to live and work in the UK (Student VISA does not apply)
5 days per week,
- Salary increases each year of the 3-year program – Gateway to Graduate opportunities at Cisco - Attractive bonus package – Life Assurance – Cisco Perks Program (i.e. discounts at national shops / reduced cinema tickets) - Health & Dental care