- Working alongside multiple departments to improve internal and external marketing
- Plan and oversee our digital marketing strategy
- Major contribution to our overall Marketing Plan
- Support with the application of new marketing and branding initiatives
- Manage and execute digital marketing lead generation campaigns
- Work with colleagues to maintain and produce new technical marketing content
- Manage our website and social media platforms
- Completing client questionnaires and tenders
- Schedule and arranging supplier meetings
- Format company policies
- Contributing to the improvement or creation and implementation of workflows and processes
- Assist in creation of stakeholder presentations
- Providing administrative support and ad-hoc duties for Line Manager, Senior Management and Director
- Generates weekly compliance reports for Director
- Inputting company and sales performance data into excel and PowerPoint for monthly sales reports
- Manage communication between suppliers and employees during critical issues with IT
- Assist in supplier management; review, tendering, renewal, delivery, costs, communication and improvements
- Contribution to the management of projects
- Are excellent communicators, both verbally and written
- Are highly organised, with the ability to multi-task
- Are creative, have an eye for design
- Have a confident and enthusiastic personality
- A forward-thinking attitude
- Are motivated and self-driven
5 GCSE's, A-C grade, including English and Maths.
You’ll gain a full time job upon successfully completing the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.