We are currently recruiting a Business Administration Apprentice to join our award-winning organisation andprovide a pro-active administrative service to the HR Team, supporting the HR strategy under the line management of HR Operations Manager.
The main responsibility of this role will be to support the HR, Recruitment and Learning & Talent Development Team with HR administrative duties, maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Supporting the admin function for Resourcing, Learning and Talent Development and HR Business Partners
- Maintaining employee records (soft and hard copies)
- Taking minutes of meeting as and when required
- Monitoring HR inbox with queries
- Updating HR databases (e.g. SAP, Lotus Notes, Business Management Systems)
- Assisting in payroll preparation by maintaining relevant data, like absences, bonus and leave
- Preparing paperwork for HR policies and procedures, when required
- Preparing letters from the suite of templates
- Supporting the team with employees’ requests and provide relevant information in a timely manner
- Coordinating HR meetings when required
- Providing HR administrative support for employees and agency through the HR admin mailbox
- Supporting the L&D function with organising courses, keeping training records, supporting the L&TD manager to ensure courses are booked and scheduled in a timely manner
In order to be chosen for this opportunity, the candidate must have excellent Microsoft Excel and Microsoft package skills and be able to demonstrate this in the position.
The chosen individual must also possess the following attributes:
- Customer First- Driven by the need to understand and meet the expectations / requirements of customers, specifically internally. Proactively builds strong relationships across the customer network. Personally builds / maintains strong relationships across the customer network.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making- Defines problems, systematically gathers and analyses data, identifies cause & effects and establishes root causes & achievable solutions. Makes good and timely decisions.
- Drive for Results- Is passionate about and perseveres in the pursuit of challenging stretch goals. Demonstrates energy, drive and enthusiasm when striving to accomplish and improve results.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness- Flexible use of accomplished interpersonal behaviours that facilitate in building trust and engagement amongst others whilst reducing the opportunity for conflict.Willing and able to handle difficult conversations in a positive manner.
Other requirements include:
- Self-motivated individual
- Excellent attention to detail
- Methodical approach to work
- First class communication skills
- Desire to further their career
- Ability to work as a team, yet manage own workload and time
The chosen candidate must hold 5 GCSE's A-C including English and Maths.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and hardworking individual to kick start their career within a large, successful organisation. Although this role is for a Business Administration apprentice, there will be opportunities further down the line for this role to become permanent, and opportunities for progression in to different areas of the business if the chosen individual can prove themselves to be an asset to the organisation.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.