Main role and responsibilities:
- Single Point of Contact:Provide a single point of contact for Service Desk customers, keeping their tickets up to date at all times.
- Resolution:Provide triage for incidents and service requests, delivering resolutions in line with a predefined list of 1stline activities.
- Ticket Escalation:Escalate incidents and service requests to 2ndand 3rdline teams, providing detailed notes and updates when necessary. Identify and escalate Priority 1 & 2 and Major Incidents to SDM.
- Communication:Maintain and update support tickets to assist diagnosis. Provide 2ndand 3rdteams with detailed information to assist resolution, keeping customers informed of developments.
- Determine the full scope of the customer’s issue through triage, providing detailed notes as prescribed by the Service Desk processes
- Provide resolutions and workarounds
- Escalate tickets that cannot be resolved by 1stline, providing detailed notes prior to escalation
- Work with other members of the Service Desk team to assist them in the resolution of tickets
- Identify priority tickets and inform SDM of Major Incidents or Priority 1 and 2 tickets as defined by Service Desk SLAs
- Maintain support ticket updates to assist diagnoses and repair of complex issues and provide 2ndand 3rdline teams with detailed information to assist resolution
- Undertake New Starters, Movers and Leavers as prescribed by Service Desk processes
- Undertake daily system checks
- Work with the SDM to identify service improvement opportunities, assisting in the promotion of a Continual Service Improvement culture
- Ensure technical and procedural documentation is accurate, including knowledge base
- Act as Escalation point for customers and, where necessary, escalate to other members of the Service Desk team, including SDM
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure follow up and resolution of tickets
- Procurement of equipment
- Undertake resolution of incidents and service requests in line with SLA’s.
- Inclusion in Service Desk rota.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Experience with IT
7 grade A*-C GCSE’s, including Maths and English
Potential full time job.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.