Our ICT Department of Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Trust are looking to recruit a Level 4 Apprentice Network Technician who will be the pivotal in the support, development and security of the Trust’s IT Infrastructure, particularly around the performance and security of our Cisco network.
Your attitude, presence and knowledge will make a difference to how IT is seen but more importantly how you get issues resolved quickly and effectively.You will work with the Trust’s Network Manager to ensure the Trust’s network remains reliable and secure and will assist in rolling out and configuring the latest Cisco devices.
You will assist in the segmentation of the Trust’s network using Cisco Trustsec and ensuring network devices are regularly patched in agreed maintenance windows.
You must have the ability to quickly learn and assimilate information and be resilient when something unknown crops up. The ability to communicate and document processes is a key requirement.
The successful candidate will hold a current driving license, be a car owner and live within reasonable traveling distance of Leighton Hospital. On successful completion of the Apprenticeship, the role will also contribute to the ICT Department’s on-call rota.
We do not save lives but are committed to supporting those that do.
Main responsibilities: [will be to:]
- Assist with the build, configuration, documentation and integration of new IT service components as part of the Trust’s on-going technology expansion
- Undertake tasks associated with build, deployment and on-going maintenance of Trust network devices – including patching and segmentation of non-Microsoft devices
- Provide high quality technical support as required, to all users connected to the customer’s IT environment using diagnostic tools and fault-finding techniques to identify root causes
- Fix diagnosed faults where feasible or to recommend appropriate solutions acknowledging and describing the implications for the end customer and for the internal IT teams
- Assist with documenting all operational processes and procedures for designated services
- Contribute to the provision of high-quality network support based around Cisco, Microsoft and VMware environments as required
- Advise customer representatives and service users of issues relating to the IT service needed to meet their specific IT needs
- Communicate effectively with all customer personnel and service users in a positive and helpful manner
The training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly-skilled IT Apprentices.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Happy to deal directly with the public.
- A commitment to quality and safety.
- Recognition of the importance of showing respect, dignity and compassion to patients and colleagues.
- A listening, learning and leading approach.
- A commitment to work together to create the best outcomes.
- Must demonstrate the Trust’s values around both raising concerns at work, and how to treat others who raise concerns.
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
Salary & Benefits:
- £17,434 per annum, moving to AFC Band 5 upon successful completion of the Level 4 apprenticeship
- Lots of benefits offered to NHS staff
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Skills and Experience: