This is a great opportunity to work as an Apprentice I.T Technician on a fixed term contract, for this well regarded Secondary and Sixth Form Academy based in Solihull.
The School is a training academy to develop staff and provides a fully funded and structured Level 3 Infrastructure technician Apprenticeship with additional qualifications.
Offering an excellent opportunity for someone whom is looking to develop a career in I.T.
- Provide support for the existing IT Network devices, peripherals and Users.
- Follow instructions from senior members of the IT team.
- Work through Support Calls as assigned by the Network Manager or Administrators.
- 1st Line Support – Telephone/ Remote
- 2nd Line Support – Desktop
- Some 3rd Line Support – Server
Desired skills and qualities:
- Good communication – One of the most important skills. Utilise both written and verbal methods
- Must have a genuine interest in I.T
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Proactive – identify tasks or issues, bring to IT Team attention
- Team player – must be able to work with other team members when required, accepting or communicating findings, ideas and instructions. Some tasks involve being a team member, others being a team leader.
- Problem solving – e.g. interest in Crosswords, Sudoku etc. – demonstrate methods of working through a problem to find a resolution
- Approachable and friendly – must display a ‘can do’ attitude
- Eager to learn – continuous training provided, but able to investigate on own initiative
- The job involves going up and down stairs and carrying PC’s and laptops around site – no lifts
- Able to work on own initiative – don’t wait to be asked
- Logical and forward thinking – Investigate technology and solutions, bring forward ideas
- A Commitment to the Level 3 Infrastructure technician Apprenticeship
Desired knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Hardware and Software Installation, Troubleshooting and Repairs.
- Knowledge of any Web or scripting languages (useful, but not essential).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V (useful, but not essential).
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Training offered [if needed]:
- Advanced problem solving – identifying and solving issues methodically (utilising the 7 layer OSI model).
- Computer and Classroom device fault diagnosis and repair
- Device upgrade, replacement and maintenance
- Windows 10 deployment, configuration and maintenance
- Microsoft Azure/ Office 365 AD Sync
- Software packaging and deployment
- Network management – Client/Server and switch configuration, physical infrastructure
- User identity management – Onboarding and Offboarding user processes
- Active Directory, Security groups and Permissions
- Classroom support – Providing support to Staff and Students when required
- Exam support – Access arrangements, Data security and Encryption
- User support – Providing training and advice
- Support ticket management and escalation processes
- Change Management – Procedures used for making changes that could affect operations
- CCTV, Managed printing, Safeguarding, Telephone system, Backups, Software knowledge, GDPR and Data Security
- 24 days holiday
- Sick pay
- Staff social events - We have a very strong ethos of team work and several staff social events that run throughout the year, which give staff the opportunity to meet others from different areas of the school.
- A fully funded structured 15 month Level 3 I.T Apprenticeship programme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.