TPS are currently recruiting an IT support technician to provide assistance to the Group IT Manager in all areas of IT, including support, development and administration.
- Assist in IT support of users and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation / installation of new laptops and desktops.
- Assist in diagnosis and repair of faulty PC’s and effect a fix.
- Assist in the support of TPS servers, including Active directory.
- Assist in the preparation of reports from various IT database systems.
- Assist in the administration of the Company Intranet.
- Review software and hardware audit data and highlight issues to Group IT Manager.
- Apply the backup strategy daily and check success.
- Produce a daily report.
- Actively follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and safe systems of work, and be responsible for your own health and welfare, working with colleagues to ensure that the working environment is safe. [This includes following instructions and actively participating in training and development to ensure compliance and best practice in this area.]
- Good communication skills including face to face and telephone
- Problem solving skills are essential
- Comfortable working in a team and alone.
Essential - Good working knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel and Word.
- Essential - GCSE Mathematics or equivalent, Technical IT qualification
- Desirable - IT Qualification
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.