Mamas & Papas are currently looking for a motivated and driven individual with a passion for IT to kick start their career within a busy and dynamic IT department.
You will be joining a busy and growing IT department who are focussed on providing the best possible service to end users at all Mamas & Papas sites.
Your main responsibility in this role will be to provide initial diagnosis and resolution of 1st/2nd line technical support issues on endpoint hardware and software at all Mamas & Papas Sites (UK and International).
Your job will require you to carry out a variety of different tasks involving different skills, communication, organisation, etc. enabling you to develop your expertise in different areas.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Investigate and resolve endpoint hardware / software calls assigned via Service Management System
- Utilize all available tools to assist in fault diagnosis
- Update Service Management Systems with all actions taken – accurately accounting for time spent and following defined processes
- Maintain accurate asset information on Service management System following defined processes
- Accurately identify when a call needs to be escalated or assigned to another member of the team
- Identify repeat calls so that further root cause analysis can be undertaken to prevent future issues
- Suggest areas where calls can be further qualified by the service desk / Application support teams
- Support Development of training materials and attend training sessions as appropriate
- IT Disposal process
- Support new store installations and store upgrades
- Support mobile rollout with MDM (mobile device management)
- Setup of client laptops, imaging with SCCM
- Be involved with the implementation of Office 365
- Following of IT Processes SLA and KPI’s
As part of your role, you will use or will come into contact with various types of technology. Therefore, you must ensure you adhere to the IT Policy. It covers areas such as Social Media, Internet usage, Mobile phones and Data Protection.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Have first class communication skills and be able to communicate at all business levels
- Strong organisational skills
- Have a basic understanding of IT systems, with a keen interest in developing their passion, particularly around the infrastructure and networking area
- Have excellent written English skills
- Be able to communicate and articulate technical concepts to a non‐technical audience
- Be able to work independently and part of a team
- Have a passion for IT and want to kick start their IT career within a busy and ever growing IT department
- Be able to follow process/procedures
Desired qualification requirements:
- In order to be successful within the role, the chosen candidate must have 5 A-C graded GCSEs or equivalent (Maths, English essential)
- Must have a high passion for IT and proven troubleshooting/break-fix of IT equipment (fixing/building computers, configuring routers)
Monday to Friday,
9:00am - 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 per annum
Benefits of the role/Future prospects:
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join an organisation who are looking invest heavily in apprenticeships and are hoping to offer long term career progression upon completion of the Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.