Job overview: The apprentice will be part of a small-dedicated IT team, working closely with other engineers and reporting to the IT manager. The apprentice will also:
- Provide IT Support & Installations for the new and existing client base
- Build Bespoke computer systems and servers, offering telephone technical support, remote support, network installations, callout support, and other IT skills as time and progress goes on
- Undertake internal company procedures i.e. Daily Backup checks, quarterly maintenance tasks etc.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Work in conjunction with the IT Manager and the support Team
- Work alongside the IT Manager on the applications, telephony, infrastructure and Systems so they meet current and future needs
- Support the IT Manager to handle the day-to-day user requests from the service desk system, ticketing/installations and upgrades
- The training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly skilled IT Apprentices
- Apprenticeships will blend on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning, which will teach a range of new skills including Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business Process
- Develop social media strategies with the team to gain a bigger following in order to increase traffic to the website
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Have good communication/ telephone skills
- Should work well alone as well as in a team
- Be prepared to provide the highest level of customer service to our customers
- Have a flexible approach to work (be able to undertake other duties)
- Ability to recognise and respond to urgent customer requests
- Professional approach
- Must demonstrate attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions
- Never be afraid to ask for help
- A personable person with a willingness to learn
- A can-do attitude is essential
Desired qualification requirements: The candidate will need to have at least 5 GCSEs (C and above) including Maths and English.
Working week: Monday - Friday,9am-5pm,35hrs per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
Salary: £190 per week.
Benefits of the role/Future prospects:
- Annual leave
- Summer and winter socials, plus quarterly socials
- Other employee benefits
Important Information:QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.