Title / position - Apprentice IT Support Analyst
An opportunity has become available for an Apprentice IS Support Analyst to join the growing Information Systems Department. The role will cover a broad area of tasks and duties but will primarily focus on helpdesk support. You will be working closely with first and second line engineers to resolve and troubleshoot IT based questions.
Start with a 13-15 month Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship consisting of training in small groups and work-based assessments.
- Provide 1st line internal helpdesk support to all users across all sites.
- Respond to IT support queries in person, over the phone, email and helpdesk application
- Respond to enquiries from users and help resolve any hardware/software requests
- Carry out daily systems checks
- Pre-build PC's and maintain the standard build image, suggesting improvement where required
- Work to Company and departmental SLA’s and KPI’s
- Monitor system alerts and either resolve, close or escalate
- Check daily backups across all sites, escalate any issues
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Flexible, pro-active approach with 'hands on' approach
- Good communication skills
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows 10
- Ability to work in a team
- Any exposure to Windows Server and Networking desirable
- Minimum 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
40 hours per week.
Flexible working hours available through Monday – Friday, 8am – 5:30pm.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.