Currently looking for an Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst who will be responsible for providing timely, customer focussed, efficient first and second line IT support for APCOA clients (internal / external).
There will be a requirement to assist remotely for APCOA Contracts around the UK.
- Providing a timely, customer focussed, efficient IT support for APCOA operations
- First line support for all IT enquiries including bespoke SQL applications and Head Office IT systems
- Investigate and resolve issues escalated from first line support
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- There may be the occasional need to provide direct field support (in person) for installations and IT Support
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff and external client via telephone and email
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes
- Log all calls in the Service Desk
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Knowledge and understanding of PC, laptop and server hardware set up and configuration
- Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence
- Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- Experience with the MS Office suite
- General IT skills with a good understanding of IT
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- A keen interest in Technology
- A can-do attitude to learn and support
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.