Are you an IT Whizzkid that’s looking for their first byte at gaining a long term career with excellent Qualifications and long term secure career prospects?
Our client is a well established and trusted provider of EPOS Systems (Electronic Point of Sale Systems) to the Hospitality industry in Scotland and require a highly motivated candidate to assist with maintaining, installing and supporting their clients IT needs through a range of systems.
Essential on the job training and support will be provided along with full SVQ training support from QA to achieve as minimum an SCQF level6 Diploma in IT Networking with options to enhance this level.
Duties will include:
- Assist Install team with EPoS system builds
- Visit client sites to repair / fault find and swap out I.T / EPoS hardware
- Programming EPoS applications to client’s individual requirements
- Provide our clients with operational advice and support via telephone, internet, and e-mail
- Provide our clients with training, both on-site and remotely via telephone and internet
- Assist with on-site installations of new systems
- Provide “On Call” out of hours / weekend support cover (on a rota basis)
- A general interest and knowledge of PC computing and Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity / knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Confidence - you should be resilient and able to think independently
- Strong interpersonal skills - confidence in communicating with customers
- A "can-do" attitude
- Ability to travel including, working away from home on occasion
- Salary: £11-13k with a future Salary expectation of £18k plus
- 20 days holiday plus stats long term IT engineer based employment.
Future Career Progression:
- IT Engineer
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.