At Consilium Academies, our Apprentice ICT Technician is an important part of the Technical Team. Our Academies are increasingly dependent on their ICT systems working properly and effectively. A proactive and planned approach is essential to ensure the ICT infrastructure enables our Academies to work to optimum effect. It is essential that Consilium Academies is at the forefront of the efficient and effective systems which contribute to the academy vision of raising achievement through ICT.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Install, setup and maintain Computer hardware, clients, Laptops, Chromebooks, AV equipment and peripherals.
- First line Technical Support, troubleshooting and re-imaging devices.
- Maintain an up to date Inventory of ICT equipment using internal Asset Management system, and ensure equipment is tagged and recorded.
- Assist with the expansion of the network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
- Routine administration including, data backup, active directory, group policy and Google Gsuite and Office 365.
- Software deployment, installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the development policy.
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels, in particular Office 365.
- Participate in Online training to completion when required.
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items including printer consumables.
- Oversight of bookings of ICT equipment, IE. IRIS and Chromebooks.
- In-class support where appropriate.
- Understanding of working with computers and hardware.
- Experience of customer service would be beneficial.
- Hardworking and eager to learn
- Organised and proactive
- 3 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades plus Maths and English grade D/3 or equivalent.
Things to consider:
The role may require travel to other local academies within the trust.
- Pension with the Local Government Pension Scheme and Teachers Pension Scheme
- 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays for all support staff (pro-rated for part time employees)
- 36 hour working week for all full time support staff
- Automatic pay progression for all staff in line with their current grading structure
- Enhanced contractual sick pay in line with the Burgundy Book and Green Book
- Employee Assistance Program with access to counselling and CBT 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Access to an Occupational Health Provider
- Free membership to Perkbox with hundreds of exclusive perks and discounts available online and in store at many shops, gyms and restaurants
- Providing excellent CPD working alongside external experts such as “Ambition”
- Providing free parking on site for all staff
- We have many new build state of the art campuses
- We are a family of academies that are inclusive and embrace diversity
- Fleet Solutions Car Lease Scheme
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.