Beyond Green is an award winning and highly respected sustainability consultancy that supports organisations of all shapes and sizes across private, public and third sectors in the UK. We guide organisations with their sustainable business strategy, assess energy efficiencies and renewable feasibility, empower their staff to achieve their goals and monitor their performance to keep them on track. We even help them win awards in their markets. With our foresight and sound judgment, we support businesses to lower their environmental impact, reduce costs, build resilience and prosper. For us, creating a sustainable world extends beyond the office, we actively volunteer for different projects that resonate with our personal interests and support team members to participate in activities that bring sustainability to life.
Beyond Green are looking for an Apprentice Digital transformations assistant to join their team. You will gain an Apprenticeship in Digital Applications at SCQF Level 6
The main purpose of your role is to support the delivery team to increase the automation of our services with the use of suitable cloud-based software applications and other tools. Your work aligns to our company strategic goals to build our capability and capacity; create value with our unique abilities and deliver services with digital capabilities.
This role is crucial in supporting the growth of our company and helping us achieve our mission. That is why we need someone who can quickly learn our processes, is confident using cloud-based software and can investigate ideas to automate the way we work.
In this role you will be:
- After coaching by the team, you will understand our process for delivering projects,
- Assist the automation of the core processes around project delivery
- Investigate cloud-based software for measuring, managing and reporting environmental
- impacts (energy, carbon, waste, etc)
- Assist in the development of a data collection and management spreadsheet tool
- Support Operations team with automating data management and analysis
- promptly raise questions and concerns with appropriate team members
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with our values of 'freedom’, ‘fairness’, ‘honesty’, ‘ambition’ and
- Adhere to company processes, policies and guidelines
A well organised person who is a quick learner, self-driven, and who is curious to understand how Software applications improve processes, discover practical and realistic solutions and help implement them. A team player who can also work on their own initiative, investigate ideas and share with others.
- Confident and curious in the use and integration of cloud-based software, such as Google
- Workspace (previous Google Suite), Asana, Microsoft Sharepoint
- Motivation to learn basic data management, analysis and programming, such as Visual Basic
- Proficient in using basic spreadsheet functions
- ‘Can do’ attitude with an ability to work through problems methodically
- A self-starter with initiative to complete tasks within deadlines in a remote working environment
- Positive communicator willing to talk to the team about any concerns and suggest new ideas
- High level of initiative to proactively research, explore and test solutions as well as communicating outcomes.
- An interest in sustainability and the sustainable development goals
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 21 Hours of work per week - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- £12,000 Annual salary of £12,000 prorated for part-time hours
- After a successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, the role will continue to be part time at 3days per week. Beyond Green will provide the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £12,000 prorated for part-time hours
- Reasonable adjustments to support accessibility in the workplace
- Working at home allowance
- Company pension scheme (after probationary period)
- Paid annual leave 28 days pro rata for part time working hours
- Flexible working conditions within reason
- Wellbeing Support
- Membership of Enterprise City Car Club (after probationary period)
- Share Options upon first year anniversary of full time role.
- Annual salary review and career development.
Future Career Progression:
- Potential for the role to move to 4 days a week.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.