Are you passionate to launch a career in a growing organisation, which is highly supportive and committed to provide opportunities for skills and personal development?
If the answer is Yes, then this apprenticeship could be just the right opportunity to jump start your career as a Software Developer!
Vacancy Description: We are looking for an Application Support Apprentice to support the code of bespoke software products. You will be required to provide support to development projects and current installations.
Respond by telephone to queries from clients to problems and issues. Resolve where you can and escalate when required.
You will have to keep the support ticketing system updated.
You will also be assisting the Development team in coding and testing new releases and producing relevant documentation for support staff and end users.
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users and support staff
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Provide coding support for development and existing projects
- Respond to client queries on problems and issues with installations
- Keep support tickets updated
- Exposure to programming would be ideal
- Technical analytical skills
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Maintain focus under high pressure situations
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Keen interest on IT developments
- Have sensitivity to the different levels of expertise amongst client users
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- An ability for self-directed learning
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude
- 5 grade C or above GCSE’s (Maths and English essential)
- 28 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking and good public transport links
- Ethical company pension scheme
- Outstanding employee award, 3 times a year
- Whole company away day
- Whole company evening event
- Family atmosphere
- Nurturing environment
Important Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.