Overview / Job description:
The role of administrator involves a great deal of multitasking. You will work with teams, oversee the operations within your company, manage groups, coordinate with management and engage in planning according to the needs of your company. If there are office resource or administrative issues, you will be the person expected to deal with them. Much of the work involves oral and written communication, word processing and dealing with email and telephone enquiries. The importance of a good administrator within an organisation is highly important as this individual has a demanding job that is integral to the success of the business. Emailing and having phone calls with clients – to update them on progress.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing LinkedIn Accounts – sending connection requests and engaging in conversations for clients
- Building relationships with clients
- Communicating within the team
- Account management
- Reporting to the Office Manager
- Communicating with clients over the phone, email and social media platforms
- General administrative duties
- Rapport Building
- Willingness to Learn
- 5 GCSE’s total: including English and Maths grade A - C/9-4.
As you will be an integral part of a small team – the route to progression can be quick if you go that extra mile. You will have the opportunity to learn completely new skills and progress into managerial positions as we grow.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.