Overview: Over nearly 3 decades, we have grown significantly, and our vision has grown.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
- To take/log/monitor/resolve IT related incidents/service requests via phone/e-mail/portal.
- To be proactive and "own" calls residing on the Service Desk.
- To share knowledge and learn from the team.
- Provide technical support to customers with a managed service contract and support to 1st and 2nd line service desk technicians
- To respond to reported incidents with given SLAs
- Provide high levels of customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout
- Perform system health checks to pre-determined schedules and completing system reports
- Support 1st and 2nd line support technicians and customers with such support requirements
- Maintaining customer support documentation
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- To consult on infrastructure problems and provide suitable networking solutions
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To troubleshoot and resolve 3rd line issues that 2nd line engineers have escalated, whilst maintaining an accurate task record in our helpdesk system
- To assist 2nd line support technicians whilst maintaining accurate task records in service desk system
- Proactively help resolve 1st, 2nd and 3rd line tickets where required
- To participate in infrastructure design, installation, hardware refresh and other projects
- Design network infrastructure solutions based on specification
- Perform onsite wireless surveys
- Review monitoring alerts to ensure clients system health is not compromised
- Use diagnostic tools (hardware & software) and analysers to troubleshoot network performance issues
- Configuring Stone’s hyper-converged virtualisation platform based on specification
- Comply with Stone’s internal management systems, safety and security policies
- Undertake ad hoc duties and responsibilities as necessary
Desired skills and qualities:
- Excellent customer service (willing to go the extra mile)
- Ability to pay attention in detail, multi-task effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Have an interest in learning about current, new and future technologies to help the company, customers, themselves and their team
- Good time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Methodical with ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with excellent customer service and liaison skills
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Office 2013 onwards
- Basic understanding of broadband connectivity and LAN networking
- Knowledge of computer components
- Good standard of education with grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.