Job title -- 1st Line Support Service Technician Apprentice
Working as part of the 1st line Support Service Team, you will provide a prompt, accurate and professional response or escalation to all incoming customer queries, with the aim of maintaining customer satisfaction in MAM and its products.
- To ensure all incoming incidents are responded to promptly. Maintaining a confident and professional approach to all communications
- To efficiently identify the caller and accurately assess their needs or requirements and nature of incident, following specific procedures based upon that assessment.
- To accurately identify and agree with the customer the severity of the incident allowing effective workload prioritisation to take place. Setting correct customer expectation.
- To ensure sufficient information is gathered and recorded as a new log on the Support System. The information should be an accurate and complete statement of the customer’s incident together with any actions taken or advice given.
- To take initial responsibility of the log and attempt to provide a solution using personal knowledge, colleague’s knowledge and available knowledge bases.
- Ensuring customers are kept informed on progress of any open logs for which you have responsibility.
- Where no immediate solution can be found, correct and prompt escalation based on current procedures. Communicate escalation to customer.
- To undertake such training as deemed appropriate to the post held.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of supported applications and developments.Additional duties:
- Working individually and as part of a team towards the aims and objectives of the company as a whole.
- To fulfil Departmental requirements in terms of administrative tasks, and to conform to Departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing working co-operation with managers and staff within the department and the wider workplace.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Attention to detail
- Communications skills
- Good mannered
- Keen to learn
Desired qualification requirements:
3x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Rota is in operation (08:00- 16:30, 08:30 to 17:00, and 09:30 to 18:00)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.