Aegis are a leading maintenance/IT solutions provider based in Oxfordshire, and they are currently looking for someone who is willing to learn, who wants to be part of a team and wishes to progress.
They are looking for a 1st Line Support Engineer to assist with their day-to-day support for their Contract Clients and someone who has a good general knowledge of Microsoft Based Operating Systems/Applications would be beneficial, but training will be provided.
- Day to Day 1st Line Support
- Prioritising call tickets based on Contract Response Times
- Configuration of Workstation/Servers pre-delivery / Backup Support / AV Support & Deployment / Firewall License Updates / Office365 Migration & Deployment
- Escalating any tickets where required
Desired skills and qualities:
- A good general knowledge of Microsoft Based Operating Systems/Applications would be beneficial but training will be provided
- Good confident communicator
- Interest in developing career in IT Support
Desired qualification:• GCSEs in at least 5 subjects with English and Maths at Grades D or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday,
9am to 5:30pm.
Salary: £13,000 per annum.
- This would be a good opportunity for someone who wants to progress to 2nd/3rd Line Support and would like a predominantly on-site role
- The role will require on on-call element one week in 8 where additional on call allowances will be paid
- The company offers additional healthcare benefits and a 4% pension
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.