Your role main responsibilties:
- Primary/initial point of contact for all incidents and requests, either over the phone/email or in person.
- Ensure detailed/ accurate information recorded at first point of contact
- Provide initial troubleshooting diagnostics
- Ensure incidents/requests are either handled on 1st line or escalated to appropriate level
- Prioritise incidents/requests in line with our existing processes
- Assist in the management and handing of major incidents/outages.
- Provide basic support for our AWS infrastructure, focusing on Route 53, and S3 buckets - potential training available for this
- We produce HTML email signatures for clients and some minor website tweaks, part of your role will be involved in this with the option for additional training to develop this area.
Who are we looking for?
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- We are looking for a 1st Line IT Support apprentice with a focus on personal development and technological support.
- We are not only looking for someone with skill but are more interested in those with the right attitude, striving to grow within a business, driven and ambitious.
- Our ideal candidate will have strong communication skills who wants to learn whilst seeing projects from start to finish but unashamed to ask when you need support, hold your hands up and take accountability when you make mistakes (we all do) and proactively help us find solutions efficiently.
- You will be working with a modest team of tech support and development, liaising with internal teams within the business group and communicating with Directors regularly along with a small, friendly management team.
- We are looking for someone who wishes to develop with us, professionally and personally with training opportunities plentiful. Preference will be given to applications of those who possess an interest in HTML.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out more
It isn’t unusual to be sharing an office with a Furry friend, the entire building is a dog friendly office so (well behaved) canine friends would be considered to visit the office from time to time.
Your role is fully adaptable and no day looks the same. You will be supporting those on Windows and Mac devices, and our SaaS Swiftcase (developed by our sister company, Livepoint) to name just a few.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.