This is an exciting opportunity to start a prosperous and fulfilling career in the IT industry.
We are seeking apprentices to start with our company.
Title - 1st/2nd Line Support Apprentice
Main responsibilities: [will be to:]
- Be the first point of contact for all customer support issues
- Monitor and maintain Microsoft Windows Servers using remote control andautomated monitoring software.
- Manage cloud services for clients
- Monitor and maintain internal networks and servers.
- Escalate issues to third party support as required
- Quote and implement small IT projects.
- Purchase, install and configure new hardware and software for customers.
- Provide excellent customer service for our customers.
- Support customers with their PC and server problems using
- Telephone support
- Remote Control
Additionally, due to the size of the business, all members of staff are expected tocontribute to all aspects of company life as required.
Desired knowledge / experience | Training to be provided:
The 1st/2nd line support person will learn to understand the IT technologies listedbelow in order to perform well in their role.
A complete understanding of all these technologies is not immediately required butthe successful candidate will be expected to develop relevant knowledge through onthe job training and experience the successful candidate will have a good knowledge in all items below:• Networking1. TCP/IP2. DNS3. DHCP4. Wireless• Server Software1. Windows Server 2012, 2016, 20192. DNS/DHCP Management3. Active Directory4. Remote Access5. Terminal Services• Client Software1. Windows 102. Microsoft Office3. Remote Desktop• Cloud Services1. Microsoft 365
Desired skills and competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (required for communicationwith customers and documenting procedures and support activity)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. (required for analysing andfixing support problems)
- Good research and analysis skills (required for analysing and re-implementingexisting solutions available on the internet)
- Time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines underpressure.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Qualifications and experience: This is an apprenticeship role - no IT industry qualifications or experience isrequired.
We are choosing the best candidates on attitude alone.
However, having the following qualifications is highly desirable:
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.