A fantastic opportunity has arisen for First Line Support Apprentices in Watford.
This is a great chance to earn money while you learn in a government funded apprenticeship! The successful candidate will complete a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
Purpose of Job:
- To work as part of the support team, providing telephone and remote support to our varied customer base.
- To provide the highest quality of service to our clients.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide a professional and customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress.
- Recording all IT Incidents, Requests and Problems, ensuring all relevant details are captured in line with Service Desk standards.
- Classify calls accurately with the information provided and prioritise in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Produce monthly reports for our clients and the service delivery team to review all supplied services
- Monitor alerting systems and respond to alerts in a timely manor
- Investigate and diagnose Incidents by providing first line telephone support, gathering and analysing information to identify and resolve a range of technical Incidents such as hardware, software, application and network Incidents with the objective of restoring normal service as quickly as possible.
- Resolution and fulfilment of Incident and Service Request within the Service Levels agreed.
- Liaising with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact.
- Monitoring and tracking Incidents, Requests or Problems, escalating where necessary to other resolver groups, or line Manager.
- Administration of various in-house software including account creations etc.
- Work within the IT Operating Model, following defined IT processes and procedures
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered
- Log and assign tickets and monitor workloads for the other Service Desk team members.
- Upon management request you should be willing to perform duties outside normal business hours, e.g. on-call service or overtime.
- Autonomy; Works under routine direction. Uses minor discretion in resolving problems or enquiries. Works without frequent reference to others.
- Influence; Interacts with and may influence immediate colleagues. May have some external contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May have more influence in own domain.
- Complexity; Performs a range of varied work activities in a variety of structured environments. Contributes to routine problem resolution.
- Business Skills: [includes:]
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- Demonstrates a rational and organised approach to work.
- Is aware of health and safety issues.
- Identifies and negotiates own development opportunities.
- Has a sufficient communication skill for effective dialogue with customers, suppliers and partners.
- Is able to work in a team.
- Can plan, schedule and monitor own work within short time horizons.
- Absorbs technical information when it is presented systematically and applies it effectively.
Other desired skills, certifications and experience:
- Experience in supporting and using Windows 7 / 8 /10, MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude toward service delivery
- Drive, energy and initiative
- Professional approach
- Wiliness to learn and develop your technology skills
At least five GCSE's (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.