Main role and responsibilities:
- To analyse incidents and deliver technical resolutions as part of the IT support service, to contribute to an efficient and effective IT service desk.
- Review tickets within Service Management systems using established priorities.
- Man the helpdesk telephone system on a daily basis to resolve issues for end users.
- Learn what notes and updates should be done on tickets.
- The initial investigation and resolution of incidents relating to business and desktop applications, and subsequent referral to either senior support analysts, to 2nd/ 3rd line support, the application management team or a 3rd party.
- Learn to deliver end user introductory training on IT systems.
- Undertakes daily operational checks as defined and trained by the wider team.
- Participate in projects as required.
- Track customer IT assets using software tools.
- Setup mobile phones and laptops for end users.
- Deploy and install software to computers
- Perform password resets and help end users with profile and connectivity issues.
- Allow and remove access to folders and email distribution lists
- Perform basic proactive tasks for backups and learn how to restore backups.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the IT Management Team.
- To manage the resolution of 1st line support incidents, problems and requests within service and operational level agreements, working with 3rd parties and colleagues within the wider IT team where necessary.
- To provide support & technical assistance to all customers, making an important contribution to overall IT service delivery and providing an excellent standard of service to all customers.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Commitment and aptitude to complete the training and studying required
- Strong team ethos
- Able to deal effectively and efficiently with people at all levels
- Friendly communicator
- Excellent problem solver
- Logically and methodically minded to be able to troubleshoot issues that are logged
- Ability to pick up new technologies and processes quickly
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s grade A* - C, including English & Maths.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.