As an apprentice, you’ll provide1st lineITsupport(Fix) to end users, interpret customer requirements and provide advice andsupporton potential solutions to resolve IT related issues as they arise.
The long term goal to provide 2nd and 3rd line support to end users.
- Assigning tickets to support queues
- Carry out 1st line support duties
- 1st line support via voice, email or chat
- Remote support to end users devices
- Maintain self-service portal knowledgebase, adding and updating as required
- Maintain asset registry, update asset locations and disposals and add new assets
- Liaise with 2nd, 3rd line and external support channels as necessary
- To play a part within the IT team to achieve and exceed agent and team SLA’s
- Be aware of and understand the departmental and business targets; and the role that you play in their delivery
- The job holder recognises the role team work has in the Company’s success and contributes to this through displaying enthusiasm, co-operation and flexibility; treating others the way they would wish to be treated themselves
- Communicate and promote “Core Values” and business objectives within the team
- Responsible for own personal development
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture in line with Safety First principles
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- Basic IT skills covering Active Directory, Hyper-V, Powershell, Terraform, Ansible, Windows 10 desktop, Android tablets, mobiles, email, printing and networking
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Patience and understanding when communicating with users
- Time management skills
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised and prioritise work according to business needs
- Analytical skills & problem solving
- Being able to work as part of a team in a professional, responsive and effective manner
- Good documentation skills
- An understanding of Azure, O365 and G-Suite would be an advantage
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.