Are you Tech Savvy, with a passion for IT looking to kick start a career in IT?
Have you considered an Apprenticeship?
Arrow Global have an exciting opportunity for a 1st Line Service Desk Analyst Apprentice to join their growing IT Team based in Manchester City Centre.
The role will be a key part of the IT department, being the first point of contact between the IT department and employees.
The successful candidate will develop a deep knowledge of all aspects of the technology landscape at Arrow in order to rapidly diagnose issues and rectify them whilst completing a 13-15 month ICT Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide a first point of contact between the IT department and AGG employees to ensure they receive appropriate help in a timely manner.
- Provide initial assessment, triage, research and resolution of incidents and requests, using the incident management and request fulfilment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives.
- Liaise with the Managed Services provider as required using the agreed request fulfilment, incident management and change management processes.
- Work alongside Second and Third line colleagues to follow tickets through to a complete and timely resolution.
- Provide support / assistance to other members of the IT function where appropriate. Examples of investigations could include: network diagnostics; hardware performance issues; various Microsoft technologies including O365, MFA etc.
- Monitor and act upon incident and service requests logged with the Service Desk teams, maintaining ownership of these requests and communication with users and colleagues.
- Support the IT department with the procurement process.
- User management (starters, leavers and movers)
- Suggest, implement and embed improvements to IT systems, processes and culture so that solutions meet AGG’s goals and objectives.
- Update knowledge base and process documentation with technology solutions and fixes
- Implement and adhere to the Information Security Policy including administering and securing various devices in line with Information Security Policy
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
Arrow Global are looking for someone with the ambition and drive to learn more and eventually secure a role within the IT team.
They will support you by providing the opportunities to work alongside people with a wealth of experience to develop your skills and knowledge.
In addition to the passion for IT, you will also have:
- Strong people and communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues quickly
- Ability to change priorities at short notice
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience of hardware and software installation and configuration
- Knowledge of IOS configuration and support
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out more https://bit.ly/3yB24mH
37.5hrs per week,
Between 8am-8pm, Monday-Friday
And Saturday, 8am-1pm - with a chance of on call and overtime
£16,000 per annum
Benefits of the role/Future prospects:
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
- The company pride themselves on rewarding success with their excellent bonus scheme and incentive package.
- They also have very interactive subsidised events, colleague engagement teams, employee recognition and development programs.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days (plus opportunity to buy/sell)
- Pension scheme – company matching up to 5%
- Life Assurance 4x salary
- Private medical insurance / Health plans
- Income protection
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme / Gym Flex / Gadget scheme
- Free fruit and hot drinks
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.