Currently, we have a position available for a 1st Line Support apprentice. The role will initially be for 15 months but may possibly continue to a permanent role. During this time, you will receive classroom-based training as well as on the job training.
Your day-to-day role will involve administering the desktops, laptops, printers, networking, iPhones, and generally helping.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- A passion for a career in IT;
- Knowledge of how computers work, gained through school or self-learning;
- Installing software onto computers;
- Installation of computer equipment;
- Resolving people’s issues with their computers;
- Someone that sees things through.
Desirable skills include:
- Apple Mac and OSX;
- Apple iOS;
- Microsoft Windows;
- Microsoft Office;
- General TCP networking
Non-technical qualities that we are looking for:
- Passionate about computers;
- Ability to communicate at all levels with diplomacy and discretion;
- Able to provide excellent customer service;
- Work as part of a team;
- Methodical and highly organised approach to work;
- You need to be able to get to the office in Newbald, either by walking because you’re super local, or through the use of planes, trains and automobiles. If you’re super lucky you’ll have your own car and can make use of the car park out the front.
Desired qualification requirements:
A minimum of 5 A-C's including English and Maths
Working week: Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm
Salary: £15,000 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.