We are looking for an apprentice to provide IT support to clients, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email, remote access and onsite visits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure accurate logging of issues via our help desk system and to ensure suitable solutions to problems quickly and efficiently
- To implement, maintain and proactively support our client’s network, server and desktop infrastructure
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, printers and scanners
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Partnering with our external IT provider to escalate and resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- A keen interest in computers and software
- Mature, reliable and local
- Good communication skills
- Extremely personable and approachable
- Organised and self-motivated
- Able to problem solve a variety of issues
- Responsive and adaptable
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Monday - Friday,
40hrs per week
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.