Due to the increasing number of end users, a vacancy has opened up within customer support. We are looking for a young knowledgeable individual to train.
Acting as the face of Technical Services, the role of the engineer is to provide an essential customer support service to end users.
This position provides critical services to our customers providing remote and physical technical support for users logging new requests or queries and issues relating to the company’s software.
Workload is prioritized by the customer support manager, driven by business needs and user requirements.
The position involves ensuring that all technical issues are identified, logged and fixed according to customer support procedures.
The position also involves providing technical support, advice and solutions to new and existing projects as required.
- Work effectively as an individual and part of the team to respond to first line enquiries in person, via email or telephone
- Manage own time effectively in support of the support desk priorities as determined by the customer support manager.
- Log, manage and close calls within the appropriate time frame
- Provide 1stand 2ndline support for software provided to end users
- Provide a consistent, high quality customer experience to end users
- Maintain customer satisfaction levels
- Co-ordinate calls, issues and requests with 2ndline to ensure end user satisfaction and resolution
- Deliver, install and set up IT equipment
- Effectively participate in support desk development
- Identify opportunities for training and self-development to contribute to support desk success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Desire to progress and learn new technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Network configuration
- Knowledge of Windows Server
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Good working knowledge of MS Products
- Good knowledge of Computing Hardware
- Customer support within a technical helpdesk environment
- Good SQL knowledge
- Programming knowledge
- A good standard of education, ideally with an ICT related qualification
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.