The UK’s tech industry is booming. With an estimated 100,000 new opportunities emerging every month – and average tech salaries topping £53,000 – this wide and resilient sector is alive with career potential.
And the even better news is that there is no one type of tech person. In fact, it’s an increasingly diverse, vibrant and in-demand sector, entered into by people whom you might not expect to. People just like you.
QA's Digital Skills Bootcamps, part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, have one shared goal: To give people – regardless of their background or level of knowledge – the opportunity to build new digital skills and secure a fast-track route to an interview with a local employer. It’s that simple.
How do QA's Digital Skills Bootcamps work?
- They’re absolutely free for you to attend.
- They’re delivered live by our training experts but are done so virtually in the comfort of your own home via QA’s Virtual Classroom technology.
- These specific regional bootcamps are available for residents of Northwest England* and London.
- They take place over 9 weeks, all full-time learning (35 hours per week). That's 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday – with self-paced assignments to work through in your own time.
- They put you through your paces, equipping you with the key digital skills the world’s leading organisations covet so highly.
- You’ll even get industry-recognised accreditation at the end of the programme as evidence of your newly acquired skills.
- The live instructor sessions are supported with online learning via QA’s Cloud Academy platform. There’s a pre-classroom pathway, covering python fundamentals and cloud literacy, and you’ll also learn the soft skills and work-ready know-how to hit the ground running. So, from presenting with confidence and preparing a high-quality CV to readying yourself for technical interviews – our leading trainers have your back.
- At the end of the training, you will work with your dedicated recruitment support manager, who will support you to secure job interviews for local technical roles that match your newly acquired skills.
* Northwest covers: Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire West & Chester, Cheshire East, Blackpool, Blackpool with Darwen, Halton, Warrington, and Liverpool.
Why put off pursuing a tech career any longer? This is your game-changing moment.
Digital Skills Bootcamp in DevOps
The word “DevOps” was formed by combining “development” and “operations” and is about removing the barriers between the development and operations teams to improve collaboration and productivity by automating infrastructure, workflow, and continuously measuring application performance.
“DevOps” signifies a culture shift within technology, unifying development skills with interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and a desire to initiate positive change. Digital transformation efforts have driven enterprises in all industries toward DevOps and agile methodologies with a lot of big companies such as Amazon, HP, Etsy, Netflix and Adobe using DevOps to undergo a serious culture shift. In fact, there’s been a 40 to 45% growth in the market over the last five years, with the demand for DevOps predicted to rise even higher.
On the Digital Skills Bootcamp in DevOps, you’ll cover everything up to DevOps Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on:
- Azure Fundamentals
- Algorithm and Scripting
- Networking and Security
- Operating System Basics
Digital Skills Bootcamp in Cyber Security
With the increasing headlines surrounding cybercrimes and data breaches, one can understand the importance of the role of a cyber security analyst. Cyber security analysts plan and carry out security measures to protect a company’s computer networks and systems. They keep constant tabs on threats and monitor their organization’s networks for any breaches in security.
On the Digital Skills Bootcamp in Cyber Security, you’ll cover everything up to Cyber Security Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on:
- Coding and Scripting Basics
- Cloud Security
- Threat Analysis
- Information Security Risk
- Security Management
- Operating Systems
When you complete your Digital Skills Bootcamp, you’ll get:
Industry-recognised accreditation – depending on your pathway, you’ll earn certification from Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP, PeopleCert and/or SFIA to seriously boost your employability prospects.
Your own recruitment support manager, who’ll work with you to secure job interviews for local technical roles.
Exclusive 12-months’ access to QA’s Cloud Academy platform with hands-on labs, learning paths, courses and quizzes – so your skills development can continue beyond the virtual classroom.
12 months’ BCS membership (The Chartered Institute for IT), with access to career mentoring, plus a 12-month discount to 5,000+ Microsoft and PeopleCert certifications.
How do I enrol for a Digital Skills Bootcamp?
It goes without saying we’re only looking for candidates who can commit themselves 100% to completing their nine-week Digital Skills Bootcamp. We are looking for people with a genuine willingness to learn new skills, and an interest in working in the technology sector.
There are four simple steps:
Apply via our Digital Skills Bootcamp form below. Please complete both pages of the application form to ensure your application is considered.
- Complete the short questionnaire that is emailed to you (it is designed to make sure the training is something you are suited to).
- Speak to one of our team – we’ll discuss your career goals and motivations.
- Join a final video briefing call about the programme.
You must be aged 19 or over, and be a British citizen or have lived in the UK for at least three years prior to the start of the programme.
Looking to enrol people from your organisation on a Digital Skills Bootcamp?
Great! All you need to do is get in touch with Karen.Wane@qa.com and we’ll be in touch shortly with next steps.