The UK’s tech industry is booming. With an estimated 100,000 new opportunities emerging every month – and average tech salaries topping £53,000 – this wide and resilient sector is alive with career potential.
And the even better news is that there is no one type of tech person. In fact, it’s an increasingly diverse, vibrant and in-demand sector, entered into by people whom you might not expect to. People just like you.
QA's Digital Skills Bootcamps, part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, have one shared goal: To give people – regardless of their background or level of knowledge – the opportunity to build new digital skills and secure a fast-track route to an interview with a local employer. It’s that simple.
How do QA's Digital Skills Bootcamps work?
- They’re absolutely free for you to attend.
- These workshops are available to everyone in England.
- They’re delivered live by our training experts but are done so virtually in the comfort of your own home via QA’s Virtual Classroom technology.
- They take place over 9 weeks, all full-time learning. That's 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday – with self-paced assignments to work through in your own time.
- They put you through your paces, equipping you with the key digital skills the world’s leading organisations covet so highly.
- You’ll even get industry-recognised accreditation at the end of the programme as evidence of your newly acquired skills.
- The live instructor sessions are supported with online learning via QA’s Cloud Academy platform. There’s a pre-classroom pathway, covering python fundamentals and cloud literacy, and you’ll also learn the soft skills and work-ready know-how to hit the ground running. So from presenting with confidence and preparing a high-quality CV to readying yourself for technical interviews – our leading trainers have your back.
- At the end of the training, you will work with your dedicated recruitment support manager, who will support you to secure job interviews for local technical roles that match your newly acquired skills.
Why put off pursuing a tech career any longer? This is your game-changing moment.
Digital Skills Bootcamp in Software Development
You know the trusty online banking app you check every day, and those streaming services that kept you going through lockdown? Software developers created all of them. Developers are the people who sit behind computer programmes. They write the back-end code needed to make them run, working collaboratively as part of high-energy teams.
On the Digital Skills Bootcamp in Software Development, you’ll cover everything up to Software Developer Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including detailed modules on:
- DevOps and source control
- Networking and security
- Operating systems
- Algorithms and scripting
- Java and Spring
Digital Skills Bootcamp in Data Engineering
Data engineers are the secret heroes behind major, progressive organisations. From digital powerhouses like Facebook, Airbnb and Amazon to global banks and major superstores – the world’s leading companies rely on skilled data engineers to help them sustain and evolve. Data engineers make sure all data is clean, reliable and primed for a variety of business-critical uses.
On the Digital Skills Bootcamp in Data Engineering, you’ll cover everything up to Data Analyst Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on:
- Azure fundamentals
- Python for data analytics
- Machine learning
- Enterprise Big Data Professional
- Power BI
When you complete your Digital Skills Bootcamp, you’ll get:
Industry-recognised accreditation – depending on your pathway, you’ll earn certification from Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP, PeopleCert and/or SFIA to seriously boost your employability prospects.
Your own recruitment support manager, who’ll work with you to secure job interviews for local technical roles.
Exclusive 12-months’ access to QA’s Cloud Academy platform with hands-on labs, learning paths, courses and quizzes – so your skills development can continue beyond the virtual classroom.
12 months’ BCS membership (The Chartered Institute for IT), with access to career mentoring, plus a 12-month discount to 5,000+ Microsoft and PeopleCert certifications.
How do I enrol for a Digital Skills Bootcamp?
It goes without saying we’re only looking for candidates who can commit themselves 100% to completing their nine-week Digital Skills Bootcamp. We are looking for people with a genuine willingness to learn new skills, and an interest in working in the technology sector.
There are four simple steps:
Apply via our Digital Skills Bootcamp form below. Please complete both pages of the application form to ensure your application is considered.
- Complete the short questionnaire that is emailed to you (it is designed to make sure the training is something you are suited to).
- Speak to one of our team – we’ll discuss your career goals and motivations.
- Join a final video briefing call about the programme.
You must be aged 19 or over, and be a British citizen or have lived in the UK for at least three years prior to the start of the programme.
Looking to enrol people from your organisation on a Digital Skills Bootcamp?
Great! All you need to do is get in touch with Karen.Wane@qa.com and we’ll be in touch shortly with next steps.