Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrators take part in evaluating, planning, migrating, deploying, and managing M365 services. They perform M365 tenant management tasks for an enterprise, including its identities, security, compliance, and supporting technologies.
Candidates for these exams have a working knowledge of M365 workloads and should have been an administrator for at least one M365 workload (for example Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Windows as a Service). Candidates should also have a working knowledge of networking, server administration, and IT fundamentals such as DNS, Active Directory, and PowerShell.
If you’d like to be a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert, also make sure to complete one of the following prerequisite certifications:
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator (Certification now retired)