If a receptionist is not present when you arrive please make your way to the room allocated for your course that is written on the board at reception or wait in the main foyer. Refreshments will be provided but please bring your own lunch.
Getting to the Training Centre & Car Parking
Parking is available in the car park behind the training centre.
Due to the Workplace Parking Levy and regular checks, please log your car registration on the sign in sheets allocated to the course you are delivering.
If using a sat nav, please be aware that the postal code, NG5 9AZ, may take you behind the building and through an estate. The E-Learning Centre is located within the Top Valley Academy campus, it’s the first building on the right as you enter via the Top Valley Drive entrance.
If you are using public transport, Nottingham City Transport buses 15 and 16 (Brown Line) will drop you off at the Top Valley Academy bus stop right outside the training centre. Alternatively the 88 or 89 (Purple Line) and 79 (Turquoise Line) will drop you off 5 minutes away, at the Rise Park Terminus, on the other side of the Top Valley Academy campus.
Entering the Training Centre
The centre uses a buzzer system to allow entry. The buzzer is on the right of the internal door, please press the button on the intercom to access to the building.
A member of staff will have access to a handheld device to let visitors in, even if they are not present at the reception desk.
Fire Alarm Test
A contractor for the fire alarm testing will be done intermittently. If a fire alarm test is due to take place while your course is running, we will notify you.
‘_The Cloud’.-You will need to register to The Cloud with your own email address
Guest Wireless’- Password-nelcoz
Each training room is equipped with:
- A large 70” TV screen (If you are using your own laptop, please be aware we only provide an HDMI cable. If your laptop does not have an HDMI insert, please provide the correct display port)
- A flipchart board (this can be converted to a white board)
All stationary and manuals that are delivered and provided by QA will be placed in the room for you
Places To Stay
- Premier Inn Nottingham, North Daybrook, 101 Mansfield Road, NG5 6BH (Approximately 10 min in a car to the Training Centre) Please call 0871 527 885
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, NG8 6AZ (Approximately 15 min in a car to the Training Centre) Please call 0115 979 4949
- Best Western, Bestwood Lodge Hotel, Bestwood Country Park, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 8NE (Approximately 10 min to the Training Centre) Please call 0844 387 6146
Any exams being delivered to the centre will be placed in one of our blue lockers in the main foyer.
Unfortunately we do not post any exams out.
All technical setup will be completed as per the set up guide that is provided by QA.
The setup guide is given to our technical support team at Nottingham City Council.
Any queries with the set up for your course, please contact QA directly.
Matt Coulson from Technical Support will arrive at the centre between 8.30am-9am on the first day of the course to help with any issues until 10am.
We look forward to seeing you soon.