The Veritas Enterprise Vault 12: Differences 11 to 12 course is designed for system administrators tasked with operating, integrating, and monitoring the day-to-day performance of Enterprise Vault within an Exchange environment familiar with Enterprise Vault 11. This twoday, instructor-led or virtual academy, hands-on class covers the product's enhancements introduced in version 12.
Veritas Enterprise Vault 12: Differences 11 to 12
You must have a working knowledge of Windows with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with Exchange/Outlook is sufficient, while an understanding of SQL Server, Exchange, and Active Directory as a power user or administrator is useful. You must be an Enterprise Vault administrator and have 6 months experience with Enterprise Vault 11.
- Configure Role Based Administration (RBA) without Windows Authorization Manager.
- Create and configure retention plans.
- Configure and perform classification. Ingest PST into INTERNET MAIL
- Work with changes to OCR and iFilter
- Configure SQL 2012 AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Understand improvements to the installation process.
- Configure and archive SMTP Selective and Mailbox Journaling
- Understand the basics of upgrading from earlier versions to version 12.
- Configure and use Compliance Intelligent Review.
- Understand the enhancements to Discovery Accelerator and Compliance Accelerator.
Role Based Administration for Windows VNext
- Roles Based Administration (RBA): Overview
- RBA Installation
- RBA Management
- RBA Troubleshooting
Setting up RBA
Retention and Classification
- Classification Overview
- Classification Architecture
- Retention Plans
- Classification Configuration
- Re-Classification and Gated Deletion
- Classification Troubleshooting
- Configure File Server Resource Manager
- Complete Preliminary Configuration within Enterprise Vault
- Verify Classification Functionality
- Explore Various Use Case Scenarios
- Enterprise Vault and SMTP
- SMTP Archiving overview
- SMTP Archiving architecture
- Installation and configuration
- SMTP Archiving examples
- Troubleshooting SMTP Archiving
- Verify the Enterprise Vault SMTP service
- Create archives for SMTP Archiving
- Configuring retention categories and SMTP policies
- Configuring SMTP server
- Add SMTP journal target addresses
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task
- Monitoring SMTP Journal traffic
- Add SMTP Selective Journal target addresses
- Monitoring SMTP Selective Journal target addresses
- Use PowerShell to work with SMTP Archiving
Enterprise Vault Search (EVS)
- Enterprise Vault Search update overview
- EVS installation and configuration
- Review the preferences
- Perform searches
- Work with folders
- Perform advanced searches
- PST Ingestion into Internet Mail Archives
- PST migration enhancement overview
- Using the Administration Console
- Using PowerShell
- Ingest single PST into Internet Mail
- Ingest multiple PSTs into Internet Mail
- Use PST Migration Wizard to ingest PSTs into Internet Mail
- Use PowerShell to ingest PST into Internet Mail
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and iFilter
- OCR and IFilter overview
- Basic OCR architecture and process flow
- OCR requirement checks
- OCR configuration
- Troubleshooting OCR conversions
- Archive messages with images
- Search for text in the images
- View the indexed OCR content
SQL 2012 AlwaysOn
- SQL Server AlwaysOn overview
- EV Integration with SQL AlwaysOn
- CA and DA integration with SQL AlwaysOn
- Implementing SQL AlwaysOn
- SQL AlwaysOn troubleshooting
- Accelerator enhancements overview
- CA Intelligent Review
- Accelerator enhanced reporting
- Accelerator export and import improvements
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning