This course focuses on the statistical and machine learning methods for predictive modeling available in the IMSTAT procedure. Topics include building candidate predictive models and assessing predictive models on training and holdout data for honest assessment using the IMSTAT procedure. You learn about methods such as decision trees and random forests using the DECISIONTREE and RANDOMWOODS statements. Modeling a binary response using the LOGISTIC and NEURAL statements is also covered, as is analyzing an interval target with generalized linear models using the GLM and GENMODEL statements. Generating and using Base SAS score code is demonstrated as well. Features of ODS Statistical Graphics are described for visualizing IMSTAT results.
Predictive Modeling Using SAS R In Memory Statistics
Before attending this course, you should have completed Getting Started with SAS In-Memory Statistics. Other prerequisites are knowledge of and experience using the analytics methods such as binary logistic regression and decision trees. Understanding of predictive modeling concepts such as honest assessment on holdout data is also required.
This course addresses SAS In-Memory Statistics software.
The software version addressed is SAS LASR Analytics Server 2.5.
Who should attend
Experienced predictive modelers who need to learn the syntax and functionality of the analytical statements in the IMSTAT procedure
- distribute SAS tables in the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- load Hadoop tables into LASR memory
- process in-memory tables with PROC LASR and PROC IMSTAT
- build predictive models using the PROC IMSTAT statements DECISIONTREE, RANDOMWOODS, LOGISTIC, NEURAL, GLM, and GENMODEL
- produce assessment statistics using the PROC IMSTAT ASSESS statement
- produce score code
- score new data sets
- generate visual summaries of data using ODS statistical graphics.
- Overview of SAS In-Memory Statistics
- Introduction to the SAS LASR Analytic Server and the IMSTAT Procedure
- Decision Trees in PROC IMSTAT
- Logistic Regression in PROC IMSTAT
- Neural Networks in PROC IMSTAT
- Modeling Interval Targets in PROC IMSTAT
- Regression Modeling with SAS Software: Migrating from SAS Foundation Software to SAS In-Memory Statistics
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
We have 2 courses available across 1 locations on 1 different dates
EastCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London1 Location / 2 coursesView dates
MidlandsCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
NorthCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
ScotlandCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
SouthCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
Attend from AnywhereCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
All locations1 Location / 2 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning