This course teaches how to submit SAS jobs to the grid from a variety of SAS client applications (SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office, SAS Data Integration Studio, and SAS Enterprise Miner), from the SAS windowing environment, and from a command prompt. The course includes demonstrations, simulations, and questions.
Using SAS Client Applications with SAS R Grid Manager
Before attending this class, you should be familiar with the functionality and components of the SAS products that you will use on the grid. You can gain this knowledge by completing the Management Overview: Exploring the Platform for SAS Business Analytics course.
Who should attend?
SAS programmers and SAS users who use SAS applications that are deployed with a SAS Grid Manager environment; SAS
administrators who are responsible for administering SAS in a grid; users of SAS applications (including but not limited to SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Management Console, SAS Data Integration Studio, and SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office) who will benefit from learning about the SAS Grid Manager architecture and how these applications are seamlessly integrated with a SAS Grid Manager environment
This course addresses SAS Grid Computing software.
- apply SAS Grid Manager concepts and terminology
- submit SAS programs on the grid
- modify existing SAS programs to run on the grid
- create and submit parallel SAS programs to the grid
- schedule workflows on the grid
- use SAS client applications with the grid.
Introduction to SAS Grid Manager
- SAS Grid Manager architecture
- understanding grid processing
Monitoring Grid Execution
- Platform RTM
- SAS Management Console
- command-line tools
Using SAS Management Console and Schedule Manager with a SAS Grid
using SAS Management Console
SAS on the Grid - Working with Code
- SAS grid submission in the SAS Windowing Environment
- SAS grid enablement with the SCAPROC procedure
- SAS grid submission using SASGSUB
SAS Client Applications on the Grid
- SAS Clients and SAS Workspace Servers
- SAS Data Integration Studio with the SAS grid
- SAS Enterprise Guide on the SAS grid
- SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office running a SAS stored process on the SAS Grid
- SAS Enterprise Miner on the SAS grid
Appendix: Additional Information
- SAS grid resources
- using SAS/CONNECT
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning