The course focuses on Bayesian analyses using the PHREG, GENMOD, and MCMC procedures. The examples include logistic regression, Cox proportional hazards model, general linear mixed model, zero-inflated Poisson model, and data containing missing values. A Bayesian analysis of a crossover design and a meta-analysis are also shown.
Bayesian Analyses Using SAS R
Before attending this course, you should
- be able to create SAS data sets and manipulate data. You can gain this experience from the SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course.
- have completed a statistics course such as the Statistics I: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression or the Statistics II: ANOVA and Regression courses.
- This course addresses SAS/STAT software
- This course is offered on the Windows platform only using SAS/STAT 13.1
Who should attend
Biostatisticians, epidemiologists, and social scientists who are interested in the Bayesian analysis approach
- explain the concepts of Bayesian analysis
- illustrate Bayesian analyses in PROC PHREG and PROC GENMOD
- incorporate prior distributions in a Bayesian analysis
- illustrate a Bayesian analysis approach in a clinical trials setting using PROC MCMC.
Introduction to Bayesian Analysis
- introduce the basic concepts of Bayesian analysis
- compute the diagnostic plots and diagnostic statistics for model assessment
- discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Bayesian analysis
- illustrate a Bayesian analysis in PROC PHREG and PROC GENMOD
Fitting Models with the MCMC Procedure
- show the essential statements in PROC MCMC
- show the supported distributions in PROC MCMC
- fit a logistic regression model in PROC MCMC
- fit a general linear mixed model in PROC MCMC
- fit a zero-inflated Poisson model in PROC MCMC
- incorporate missing values in PROC MCMC
Bayesian Approaches to Clinical Trials
- use prior distributions in a Bayesian analysis
- illustrate a Bayesian approach to clinical trials using PROC MCMC
- illustrate the Bayesian approach to meta-analysis
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning