This course covers SAS job scheduling features in the platform for SAS Business Analytics based on the Platform Suite for SAS. The scheduled processes that are covered in this course include only user-written SAS code and SAS Data Integration Studio jobs. However, the concepts and techniques are applicable to SAS Web Report Studio reports, SAS Marketing Automation jobs, and SAS Marketing Optimization jobs as well.
SAS R Enterprise Scheduling with Platform Suite for SAS R
Before attending this class, you should be familiar with the functionality and components of the SAS products that create the processes that you want to schedule.
Knowledge of system administration and knowledge of SAS Management Console is helpful but not required.
This course addresses SAS Grid Computing software.
Who should attend
SAS programmers and SAS administrators who are responsible for designing and scheduling flows that consist of one or more SAS jobs, which may include any or all of the following: user-written SAS code, SAS Data Integration Studio jobs, SAS Web Report Studio reports, SAS Marketing Automation jobs, or SAS Marketing Optimization jobs
- combine multiple related SAS programs and other SAS jobs into a job flow
- define the order in which the jobs in the job flow execute
- specify that a job execute or not depending on the status of an earlier job in the flow
- trigger a job flow to start based on dates and times or based on the existence or age of a file
- define time or file conditions controlling when (or whether) individual jobs within a job flow execute
- monitor job flow status, access job logs, and perform other management operations for scheduled job flows.
- capabilities and benefits
- technical framework
- overview of the job flow scheduling process
Creating and Maintaining Job Flows
- creating a job flow with job dependencies
- adding file and time triggers
- adding file and time dependencies
- job flow properties
- job properties, resource dependencies, and queues
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning