This training course is designed to give you the comprehensive skills needed to work with the Information Design Tool. The Information Design Tool enables designers to extract, define, and manipulate metadata from relational and OLAP sources to create and deploy SAP BusinessObjects universes.
SAP BusinessObjects Information Design Tool I
- Basic knowledge of reporting with SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence. Attendance of BOW310 WebIntelligence Report Design is strongly recommended
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational, also OLAP database management systems concepts and structures
- In this course you learn how to use data from different source systems (SAP and non-SAP) with the SAP BusinessObjects BI client tools.
- What is the Information Design Tool?
- Work with Projects
- Create a local project
- About shared projects
- Create a local project and retrieving a published Universe
- Create the data foundation
- Create a database connection
- Create a data foundation
- Define joins in a data foundation
- Create a business layer
- Create folders and objects
- Create measure objects
- Resolve Loops Use aliases
- Resolve Loops Use contexts
- Define data restrictions
- Work with LOVs
- Use Parameters restrict data
- Use @functions also Aggregate Awareness
- Create Derived Tables and Index Awareness
- Maintain Universes
- Deploy, manage and maintain Universes
- Document Universes
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning