Getting Started with Lightning Applications
- Have a solid understanding of basic Salesforce concepts.
- Have 1 year of programming experience in Java (or another object-oriented programming language).
- Understand basic data modeling concepts for relational databases.
- Be able to use basic SQL.
- Be able to write basic HTML.
- Create Lightning Applications and Components.
- Surface Lightning Components in Salesforce1.
- Surface Lightning Components in Lightning Pages using the Lightning App Builder.
- Apply SLDS to use the Salesforce Lightning Experience look and feel.
- Work with the Lightning Component Bundle.
- Use attributes and expressions to store and display data.
- Apply best practices related to component development.
- Invoke Apex methods in a secure fashion from component controllers.
- Use the event framework to make an app interactive.
Setting up a Custom Domain
- Introducing AW Computing (Optional)
- Deploying a Custom Domain
Choosing Among UI Frameworks
- Working with Salesforce-provided Frameworks for responsive Web Development
- Deciding Between Lightning and Visualforce
Creating a Lightning Application
- Building a Lightning Application from Components
- Identifying Resources in the Resource Bundles
- Adding Style Using CSS
- Surfacing a Lightning Component
Debugging a Lightning Component
- Enabling Debug Mode for all Lightning Components
- Working with console.log()
- Understanding the debugger; statement
- Working with the Salesforce Lightning Inspector Chrome Extension
Accessing Data in a Lightning Component (Part 1)
- Understanding Server-side vs. Client-side Controllers
- Working with Attributes
- Writing Expressions for Components
Accessing Data in a Lightning Component (Part 2)
- Handling the Standard Initialization Event
- Iterating over a Result Set
- Navigating to a Record
Making Lightning Apps Interactive Using Events
- Defining a Custom Event
- Registering and Firing a Custom Component Event
- Handling a Custom Event
Further Topics (Optional)
- Handling a Standard Aura Event
- Testing CRUD and FLS Permissions
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning