This Oracle Essbase 11.1.2: Calculate Block Storage Databases training will teach you about the principal techniques and theories to design calculations in block storage databases with Essbase Release 188.8.131.52. Expert Oracle University instructors will review database structure and configuration and teach you basic calculation building blocks, such as FIX and IF statements.Learn To:Describe Essbase and block storage database structures.Develop and test calculation scripts.Develop advanced calculations.Optimize databases though dynamic calculations.Normalize and allocate data.Benefits to YouInvesting in this course will help you learn calculation script development methodology, which enables you to correct common calculation errors. You'll also learn how to effectively leverage dynamic calculations to optimize database performance and create advanced calculation scripts, like allocations, cross-database calculations and multi-dimensional range calculations. You'll take place in design discussions, while participating hands-on practice sessions that reinforce important Essbase concepts.Live Virtual Class FormatA Live Virtual Class (LVC) is exclusively for registered students; unregistered individuals may not view an LVC at any time. Registered students must view the class from the country listed in the registration form. Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of LVC content may not be made.Please NoteThis course is also suitable for customers using Hyperion Essbase Analytics 9.3.1 or Oracle Essbase 11.1.x.
Oracle Essbase 11.1.2: Calculate Block Storage Databases (184.108.40.206)
- Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 Bootcamp
- Gain an understanding of the mechanisms by which Essbase stores and calculates data in block storage databases.
- Learn the default database calculation order and investigate how it relates to block storage data structures.
- Learn practical methods for developing and testing block storage calculations, from the simple to the complex.
- Understand where use of dynamic calculation can improve database and calculation performance.
- Focus calculations on specific subsets of data.
- Compare the different calculation variables available and implement variables in calculation scripts
- Investigate different methods for implementing and planning multidimensional allocations.
- Essbase Database Types
- Business Scenario and Training Environment Overview
- Block Storage Calculation Overview
Data Storage and Calculation
- Data Storage and Calculation Fundamentals
- Database Statistics
- Data Block Creation
- Database Calculation Process
Calculation Script Basics
- Calculation Script Organization
- Implementing a Script Development Process
- Intelligent Calculation
Dynamic Calculation Overview
- About Dynamic Calculation
- Dynamic Calculation Storage Options
- Design Considerations for Dynamic Calculation
- Design Considerations for Rates and Percentages
Controlling the Calculation Process
- Controlling Top-Down Calculation
- Performance Considerations
- Creating Complex Conditionals
Copying and Clearing Data
- Copying Data
- Clearing Data with CLEARDATA
- Clearing Data with CLEARBLOCK
Developing Advanced Calculations
- Creating Calculation Variables
- Referencing Members Dynamically
Developing Analytic Calculations
- Typed Measures Overview
- Creating Typed Measures
- Calculating with Typed Measures
Multidimensional Dynamic Calculations
- Dynamic Calculation Order
- Optimization Guidelines
- Loading Data to Upper-Level Members
- Planning Data Normalization
- Normalizing Rates and Drivers
Performing Advanced Allocations
- Allocating Data
- Creating Multiple-Database Calculations
Appendix: Essbase Architecture
- Essbase Architecture Overview
- Essbase Components by Tier
This is a QA approved partner course
Recreates a classroom experience online, enabling full interactions with the learning professional leading the course.
Find dates and prices
Sorry, we don't have any public dates scheduled for this course, but it can be run as a closed event for your company.
Please contact us for details on alternative ways we can help you 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning