In this course delegates will learn about RAC database administration in the Oracle Grid Infrastructure environment. Delegates will learn to administer cluster databases using Enterprise Manager and command-line utilities like SRVCTL, CRSCTL, and SQL*Plus. They will study the new connection architecture and how to make those connections highly available. Backup and recovery issues relative to cluster database environments will also be studied. Delegates will learn about Oracle RAC One Node and online migration. Students will learn about Quality of Service concepts. Finally, students will learn how to upgrade and path Oracle RAC databases.
This course counts toward the Hands-on course requirement for the following certifications
- Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification
- Oracle Database 10g: Real Application Clusters Administrator Certified Expert
Only instructor-led inclass or instructor-led online formats of this course will meet the Certification Hands-on Requirement.
- Install Oracle Clusterware and Real Application Clusters
- Administer a RAC Database
- Administer Database Services in a RAC environment
- Administer Oracle Clusterware
- Add/Remove a node to/from a cluster
- Patch Oracle Clusterware and RAC software
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Technical Administrator