This is the first course focuses on recovery of offline systems, including hardware causes, extraordinary circumstances, and resolving data inconsistency issues
Storage System Recovery & Troubleshooting for Partners
- Level 1 Partner Training
- Familiarity with current NetApp hardware
Who should attend?
- Partners in the hardware specialty who are ready to resolve catastrophic hardware and core cases.
- Bring a hard-down system online, with data intact
- Eliminate repeat panics and boot loops on problematic systems
- Restore stability to unstable customer environments.
Module 1: Head Problems
• Analyze a PCI-NMI message manually to develop a recovery plan
• Analyze a watchdog panic to determine a resolution plan
Module 2: Understanding Boot
• Identify options in the Special Boot Menu, and when the option may be needed
• Enter maintenance mode and use commands for troubleshooting without affecting the partner
• Understand the stages of a storage system boot, and the potential causes for failure at each stage
Module 3: Storage Subsystem
• Trace the data path in a stack and in a loop to determine point of failure
• Understand the types and causes of read and write errors to identify cause of failure
• Interpret shelf logs and error messages to determine cause of issue
• Understand checksum errors, and the importance of addressing them
Module 4: RAID
• Create a plan to recover from a multi-disk panic with data intact
• Know the recovery methods for disk failures, including diskcopy
Module 5: WAFL Recovery
• Explain the causes of inconsistency
• Determine which inconsistency recovery tool is best suited to a given scenario
• Correctly use recovery guidance tools and templates
• Explain, in customer-facing terms, the concept of REP
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning