Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
This module provides an introduction to the Windows 8.1 system architecture and explains how to identify the common troubleshooting scenarios. The module also provides an overview of a typical troubleshooting process.
- Overview of Windows 8.1
- Overview of Troubleshooting Steps
Lab : Troubleshooting Windows 8.1
Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
This module provides an overview of the Windows 8.1 startup recovery environment and explains how to troubleshoot startup settings and issues. The module also describes how to recover BitLocker-operated drives.
- Overview of the Windows 8.1 Startup Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
Lab : Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Resolving a Startup problem (1)
- Resolving a Startup Problem (2)
Lab : Recovering BitLocker-Encrypted Drives
- Recovering a BitLocker-Encrypted Drive
- Creating a New BitLocker Password
Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
This module explains how to troubleshoot hardware issues, physical failures, and device driver failures. It also describes how to monitor reliability and configure the registry.
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Monitoring Reliability
- Configuring the Registry
Lab : Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
- Resolving Hardware Issues
- Configuring Group Policy Settings to Control Device Installation
Module 4: Troubleshooting Remote Computers
This module describes how to perform remote troubleshooting by using Windows 8.1 features such as Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, and Windows PowerShell remoting.
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
Lab : Troubleshooting Remote Computers
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Using Windows PowerShell Remoting
Module 5: Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
This module explains how to identify network settings and troubleshoot network connectivity issues in wired and wireless networks, IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, and name resolution.
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
Lab : Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
- Resolving a Network Problem (1)
- Resolving a Network Problem (2)
- Troubleshooting a Wireless Network
Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
This module provides an overview of the Group Policy application and describes how to resolve issues in client configuration GPO application.
- Overview of Group Policy Application
- Resolving Client Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Resolving Group Policy Application (1)
- Resolving Group Policy Application (2)
Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
This module describes how to troubleshoot sign-in issues and issues in the application of user settings.
- Troubleshooting Sign-in Issues
- Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
Lab : Troubleshooting Sign-in Problems
- Resolving Sign-in Problem (1)
- Resolving Sign-in Problem (2)
Lab : Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
Module 8: Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
This module describes how to troubleshoot issues in VPN connectivity, NAP, and DirectAccess.
- Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting NAP Issues
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess
Lab : Configuring Network Access Protection Client Settings
Lab : Configuring and Testing DirectAccess
Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access within a Domain
This module explains how to troubleshoot issues in file access and permissions. It also describes how to resolve printer access issues.
- Troubleshooting File Access Issues
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
Lab : Troubleshooting Resource Access within a Domain
- Resolving a Logon Script Problem
- Resolving a File Permissions Issue
Module 10: Configuring and Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients That Are Not Domain Members
This module describes how to configure and troubleshoot Workplace Join, Work Folders, and OneDrive Access.
- Configuring Workplace Join
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Configuring and Troubleshooting OneDrive Access
Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients That Are Not Domain Members
- Troubleshooting Workplace Join
- Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Troubleshooting OneDrive for Business
- Implementing Work Folders
Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
This module explains how to troubleshoot application installation issues and problems in desktop and Windows store apps. The module also describes how to resolve issues in Internet Explorer and Client Hyper-V.
- Troubleshooting Desktop App Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Managing Windows Store Apps
- Troubleshooting Internet Explorer
- Implementing Client Hyper-V
Lab : Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
Lab : Troubleshooting Windows Internet Explorer
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 8.1
This module describe how to troubleshoot activation issues and configure performance options in Windows 8.1. It also explains how to protect a Windows 8.1 system from malware and viruses and how to apply application and Windows updates.
- Managing Windows Activation
- Monitoring and Configuring Performance Options in Windows 8.1
- Protecting Windows 8.1 from Malware and Viruses
- Applying Application and Windows Updates
Lab : Maintaining Windows 8.1
Module 13: Recovering Windows 8.1
This modules explains how to restore files and recover a Windows 8.1 system.
- File Recovery in Windows 8.1
- Recovery Options in Windows 8.1
Lab : Troubleshooting a Windows 8.1 Computer (1)
Lab : Troubleshooting a Windows 8.1 Computer (2)