The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 180 days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 180 days from the point of purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the environment.
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they’ve mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) manual for reference both during and after your course
In this course, delegates learn core skills that are common to almost all SharePoint development activities. These include working with the server-side and client-side object models, developing and deploying features, solutions, and apps, managing identity and permissions, querying and updating list data, managing taxonomy, using workflow to manage business processes, and customizing the user interface.
The course is intended for professional developers who develop solutions for SharePoint products and technologies in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. While some familiarity with SharePoint solution development is required, candidates are not expected to have prior experience with the new features in SharePoint Server 2013.
The ideal delegate is a technical lead with at least four years of SharePoint and web development experience. The delegate is responsible for designing custom code for projects that are deployed to or interact with SharePoint environments. This includes:
- Selecting an appropriate approach and building customizations in SharePoint.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for solution packaging, deployment, and upgrading.
- Identifying SharePoint data and content structures for customizations.
- Performing diagnostics and debugging.
- Planning and designing applications for scalability and performance.
- Identifying and mitigating performance issues of customizations.
- Understanding authentication and authorization.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Broad familiarity with SharePoint capabilities.
- Familiarity with Online Services such as Azure and SharePoint Online.