The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90 days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the environment.
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they’ve mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) manual for reference both during and after your course
This 5 day instructor led course describes how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft® SQL Server® 2016 and with Azure SQL Data Warehouse, to implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and to validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design
Delegates will learn how to
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key elements of a data warehousing solution
- Describe the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse
- Implement a logical design for a data warehouse
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse
- Create columnstore indexes
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Describe the key features of SSIS
- Implement a data flow by using SSIS
- Implement control flow by using tasks and precedence constraints
- Create dynamic packages that include variables and parameters
- Debug SSIS packages
- Describe the considerations for implement an ETL solution
- Implement Data Quality Services
- Implement a Master Data Services model
- Describe how you can use custom components to extend SSIS
- Deploy SSIS projects
- Describe BI and common BI scenarios