This course demonstrates how to analyse Dynamics CRM data using the new tool of Power BI Desktop. Delegates will gain experience of working with the Power BI desktop tool. Load data from their CRM deployment to Power BI and create Visualisations to display Dynamics CRM Data.
Analysing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Data with Power BI
- Working knowledge of Dynamics CRM.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Some Database experience would be a benefit.
Please note: Before attending this class delegates must have a Microsoft account (signing up one is free). The instructions on how to set up a Microsoft account can be found here.
This course provides delegates with a full understanding on how to use the new Power BI Desktop tool. They will learn how to connect to their CRM data source to load CRM data into Power BI.
Delegates will then be able to Shape, Combine and Model their data before creating interactive visualisations. Finally the visualisations & data will be published as well as create Content Packs for their organisation.
Module 1- Introduction to Power BI
- Power BI
- The Power BI Service
- Power BI Mobile Apps
- Lab: Creating a Power BI Dashboard
Module 2- Power BI Data
- Using Excel as a Data Source
- Using Databases as a Data Source
- Using Dynamics CRM as a Data Source
- Lab: Importing Dynamics CRM Data Into Power BI
Module 3- Combining Data
- Power BI Desktop Queries
- Combining Data
- Merging Data
- Importing Data
- Lab: Combining Data
Module 4 - Relationships
- Viewing Relationships in Power BI Desktop
- Relationship types (Caardinality)
- Support for Many Relationships
- Creating Relationships
- Lab A - Creating Relationships
- Editing Relationships
- Lab B - Relations in Microsoft Dynamics CRM & Dynamics 365
Module 5- Shaping Data
- Using Data Fields to Drill Visualisations
- Filter Records
- Pivot/unpivot data
- Data Subsets
- Group By
- Lab A - Shape data using Group By
- Lab B - Using Pivot to display Opportunity Data
- :ab C - Create Query Parameters
- Add custom and Calculated Columns
- Lab D - Creating Conditional Columns
Module 6- Interactive Data Visualisations
- Overview of Data visualisations
- Data Visuualisations Types
- Table and Matrix visualisations
- KPI Visualisation
- Interactive Slicers
- Geo-Data, Data Categorisation and Maps
- Lab A - Creating Visualisations
- Appendix A - Reports and Output Options
- Appendix B- Publishing from Power BI Desktop
Receive classroom training at one of our nationwide training centres, or attend remotely via web access from anywhere.
Find dates and prices
We have 7 courses available across 4 locations on 4 different dates
EastCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London2 Locations / 3 coursesView dates
Midlands1 Location / 1 courseView dates
NorthCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
ScotlandCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
SouthCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
Attend from AnywhereQA Extended ClassroomView dates
All locations4 Locations / 7 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning