This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to install and customize z/OS UNIX (full name z/OS UNIX System Services), and to manage and monitor the z/OS UNIX environment.
z OS UNIX System Services Implementation
You should have a basic knowledge of z/OS UNIX as provided in the course Introducing z/OS UNIX Services (OP05ES), and the skills normally required to install a z/OS product using SMP/E and batch jobs to update system data sets. RACF knowledge is useful.
- Execute the tasks required to prepare a z/OS installation for implementing z/OS UNIX
- Execute the tasks to install the z/OS UNIX software features
- Use the information provided in this class to perform the basic customization necessary to fully implement the z/OS UNIX kernel, the file system, the shell and utilities, and z/OS UNIX applications
- Put in place the RACF security required for z/OS UNIX resources and applications
- Make appropriate definitions for the activation of TCP/IP sockets by z/OS UNIX
- Identify and use the processes and data required for monitoring and tuning the z/OS UNIX environment
- Unit 1: z/OS UNIX implementation overview
- Unit 2: z/OS UNIX services initial installation
- Exercise 1: Move from default to full mode function
- Exercise 2: IPL in full function mode and enable a nonvolatile root HFS
- Unit 3: File system customization
- Exercise 3: Customizing the file system
- Unit 4: Security customization
- Exercise 4: Defining and managing UNIX users, OMVS security
- Unit 5: Shell customization
- Exercise 5: UNIX System Services and shell customization
- Unit 6: Customizing applications, daemons, and servers
- Exercise 6: UNIX processes
- Exercise 7: Access control list and enhanced ASCII support (optional)
- Unit 7: File system management and system maintenance
- Exercise 8: Managing HFS and zFS data sets
- Unit 8: Managing z/OS UNIX operations
- Unit 9: Exploiting TCP/IP with z/OS UNIX
- Exercise 9: Managing z/OS UNIX
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning